Douglas Hamilton is Construction Compliance Supervisor of Hamilton Properties Corporation. In 2003 Douglas joined his father Kenneth E. Hamilton and brother J. Ryan Hamilton at Hamilton Properties Corporation (HPC), Springfield, Missouri. Formed in 1968, HPC was formed to develop, construct and manage over 2,500 housing units for the following state and federal agencies of government: USDA/Rural Development in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and Nebraska; Missouri Housing Development Commission, Kansas Housing Resources Corporation, Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency, Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs and Nebraska Investment Finance Agency.
Douglas is no stranger to hard work. Prior to managing the construction side of the business, Douglas worked his way up through the ranks of store, general and area manager positions for the Panera Bread Company. His successful management style and warm personality made him a natural fit to oversee all construction and continued maintenance of properties already in service. Due to his experience on both sides of the ‘wall’, he provides an important and vital perspective to the management team. He is a master of keeping projects on time and on budget.
Awards and Organizations
- Hamilton Properties Corporation received the 2013 “Preserve Missouri Award” – one of the state’s highest honors for Historical Preservation practices. Awarded from Missouri Preservation for joint efforts (with Baron Design & Associates) in rehabilitating the Adams Park School building in Trenton, Mo. This award recognizes organizations highly committed to the adoption and utilization of Green Globe building practices for both new construction and rehabilitation projects.
- NGBS/NAHB Green Certification to Bronze level awards building practices for both new construction and rehabilitation projects used by our development and contracting companies.
- Hamilton Properties Corporation received the “Management Company of the Year” award from USDA- Rural Development for the state of Texas. This award recognizes organizations highly committed to the adoption and utilization of Green Globe building practices for both new construction and rehabilitation projects.
- Managed building and completion of the Canyon Trails project located in Webb City, Missouri (New construction – 52 family units). 100% pre-leased before completion.
- In 2015 we completed the Fox River Estates MHDC project located in Willard, Missouri (New Construction – 48 family units).
- Currently building the Aldrich Creek Estates project located in Bolivar, Missouri (New Construction – 44 family units) the Oakshire Trails project located in Pueblo, Colorado (New Construction- 62 senior units).